What I totally enjoyed for breakfast:
- Whole spinach leaves
- Iceberg lettuce
- Raw rolled oats
- Shredded Cheese
- Blue cheese
- Chia seeds
Lately I’ve been hot and cold, hot and cold…ugh. Haven’t really figured out why, but to balance it out I’m going with hot and cold food therapy. Just like a baby, when your body needs something it will let you know. In many different ways your body tells you what it needs. Whether it be a craving, constipation/diarrhea, breakouts, dry skin, etc. For me, it was a craving. My body just start craving “cool” foods then “hot” food, then “hot” and “cool” together. So salad for breakfast is the perfect healthy treat for me.
You can try:
- Mixed spring mix greens
- mixed nuts
- mandarin oranges
- 1 or 2 whole “sunny-side up” or poached eggs
Get creative! Mix leftover veggies/salads, grains, fruit (fresh/frozen/dried) and complete with fresh goat cheese and any unleavened bread. Make it YOUR mix and own it.
Salad for breakfast is nothing new. For millenias people have been eating salad for breakfast all around the world. Many Middle Eastern and Mediterranean places enjoy mixes of tomato, cucumber, feta, olives, olive oils, egg, lemon juice, etc for breakfast. Along with bread, cheese, and/or tea this type of breakfast is intensely enjoyable as well as balancing and nutritious.
Try it, let me know what you think and how you feel!
This type of change in lifestyle can prevent and treat inflammation of all sorts and bloating, weight problems, oil skin and acne, and much more. Induces body absorption of essential nutrients and vitamins and promotes regularity in bowel movements.
- Shopping, Cooking and Eating (mindofmandi.wordpress.com)
- Bagging my salad list (wellylady.blogspot.com)
- Really? You’re Writing About a Salad? Yes. Yes I Am. (jessicapingle.wordpress.com)
- Fresh Spinach Salad w/Orange Curry Dressing (cookingwithsherlockspice.wordpress.com)
- Chicken Spinach Salad (dishdashdime.wordpress.com)
- Jennifer Ellison: I eat chocolates and I’ve still dropped 5 dress sizes (thesun.co.uk)
- Name my salad. (thetosinteatime.com)
- The Classics (noshmyway.com)
- I Am a Terrible Blogger!! (weightlossat30.wordpress.com)
- Recipe One: Grilled Pumpkin and Spaghetti Salad. (wakemeupwithasmile.wordpress.com)
- Food Fraud: Iceberg Lettuce (donteatdirt.com)
- 8 Ways to Increase Your Veggie Intake (itrainthereforeieat.com)
- Delicious Breakfast Frittata (healthyhitsthespot.com)
- Salad for Breakfast, 4 Ways (health.usnews.com)
- Light and Flaky Greek Phyllo Spinach and Cheese Breakfast Dish (dutchlakefarm.wordpress.com)
- 6 Creative Ways to Eat Veggies (self.com)